PRIDE FESTIVAL AND PARADE
We are excited to bring our 8th annual festival to Melbourne's vibrant Eau Gallie Arts District for 2015. We will have Brevard County's first ever LGBT Pride parade, a whole afternoon of games and entertainment, arts and crafts, food, drinks, and fun. Visit the Space Coast Pride 2015 page to learn more. And you can register now as a sponsor, vendor, or parade participant at the Registration page.
WHAT'S GOING ON IN OUR COMMUNITY
Come to the Sun Shoppe in Downtown Melbourne on Thursdays for our weekly coffee social from 7 to 9PM and find out! Details about this and all meetings and special events are found on the Activities page. Also check out what we are doing on Social Media.
Dearly Beloved, we have gathered together here...useful information on how to tie the knot!
- Are you already married in another jurisdiction? If so, you do not need to go to the Clerk of the Court office. You may need to fill out forms for employers, insurers, Social Security, Medicare, or banks. Equality Florida provides a link to this page that addresses these matters.
- Brevard County provides a marriage license application kiosk to streamline the process. Once completed, when you go to their office the paperwork will already be filled in.
- Florida has a 3-day waiting period, but you will be exempt if you take a pre-marital course. Often it is most convenient to do it online. There are several courses available. Here is one we found.
- Clerk of the Court offices are open 8AM to 5PM. They have six locations detailed here.
- Equality Florida has gathered information by county about who will perform a ceremony.
- Do you prefer to be married in church? We have compiled a list of area churches that will perform same-sex weddings.
- And, lastly, Equality Florida and Brevard Clerk of the Court both have FAQ pages for any other questions you may have.
To be included in our email newsletter and to stay up to date with special announcements, please join our email distribution list. You won't ever miss a thing!